Last Updated on
About Neptune Rising Add-ons
Neptune Rising is a Kodi addon that lets you watch live TV on all the Kodi compatible devices. Initially, when cord-cutting was only a little more than a concept and had seen little application. I liked the traditional way of watching TV – sitting on the couch, throwing my legs across the table and probably eating popcorn. But, as online live TV streaming started to become more mainstream, we figured that live TV over the internet not only delivers traditional cable TV content in high quality, it is also substantially more cost-effective.
Neptune Rising is a Kodi addon which works quite like a search engine for movies and TV shows. It has different sections for 80s movies, latest movies, gangster movies, etc. which is really helpful to find the right stuff you are looking for. It is one of the oldest running add-ons.
Pros and Cons of Neptune Rising
There are a few things we love about the Neptune Rising add-on and one that we don’t quite like.
- The main thing this add-on has going for it is the breadth of its content. You don’t only find recent or popular films or TV shows, you also find many titles from the past like TV Series Dragnet (both the 1951 and the 1967 versions) or independent movies.
- With an add-on of that size, the presence of a well-working search engine is always welcome. It is the best way to find a specific movie or TV show. And the Actor search function makes it even more useful.
- Another great feature of this add-on is the automatic selection of the next best source. Whenever a source is not available, the add-on will automatically try the next one, and the next one, and so on until it finds one that works. And since the sources are sorted in descending order of quality, that means you’ll always get the best available source for any given title.
- There’s really only one important drawback with the Neptune Rising add-on and it is the presence of quite a few empty playlists. There are even a few whole sections of empty lists. But still, considering the quantity of great content that is available, it is certainly something most of us will agree to live with.
SeeMore: Ares Wizard for Kodi
How to Install Neptune Rising Kodi Addon
Before we start with the actual steps, please Turn On “Unknown Sources” in your Kodi app. If you are not aware, it can be done by going to Settings > System Settings (or System in Kodi 18)> Add-ons > Unknown Sources. Once “Unknown Sources” is turned on, follow the steps below.
1. Launch Kodi
2. Click the settings icon
3. Click System
4. Scroll down to hover over add-ons and turn on Unknown Sources
5. Click Yes
6. Click back on your remote to access File Manager
If you are using Kodi Leia, click OK when the popup appears with the list of ‘additional add-ons’ that will be installed with Neptune Rising.